Prop Sync Test Equipment Rental
Woodward or Ontic Prop Sync Systems
Our Synchronizer or Synchrophaser system test kit rental will eliminate:
- Purchase of new or overhauled parts to replace prop sync components that are not faulty.
- Time & money wasted removing and shipping operational prop sync components for unneeded bench testing.
- The need for an oscilloscope! Inaccurate readings from Fluke Scope/Scopemeter devices are also avoided.
- Guesswork of trial and error troubleshooting
We provide you with:
- Easy to use test equipment along with necessary cables specific to your aircraft make and model.
- Step by step instructions for thorough system wiring and component checks.
- Known good control box included and switch cable where applicable for your test substitution purposes.
- Connector test tool where applicable.
- Our support based on 35 years of experience with these systems.
What you can expect:
- Your sync system issue to be resolved quickly and expertly !
- Solve prop sync system problems others cannot!
- The most efficient and thorough prop sync system diagnosis available.
- Prompt service! Most rental kits ship the same day you order.
- Our easy to use test instrument plugs into your prop sync connector to allow for quick and reliable verification of all system components as well as aircraft wiring integrity.
- In many cases, most of your system can be tested without running the engines. In all cases, a ground run will verify that all functions of your system are operating properly.
- We have test kits for EVERY system equipped with Woodward or Ontic equipment.
Who rents from us:
- Individual aircraft owners
- Charter operators
Standard rental period:
- 14 days door-to-door
- Additional time easily accommodated
- FOB Rockton IL 61072
Let’s get started:
Use the Contact tab, email us, or give us a call. With your aircraft make and model we can quickly provide you with a rental quote covering equipment you will need to quickly determine which components in your system are operating properly, and which are not.
Your shipping address and shipping charge number will begin our shipment process using your purchase order, or credit card.
Test Instrument Functions
1. Left Hand (LH) Magnetic Pickup test jacks are used to verify proper resistance. Provides oscilloscope access to analyze pickup signals if desired.
2. Right Hand (RH) Magnetic Pickup test jacks are used to verify proper resistance. Provides oscilloscope access to analyze pickup signals if desired.
3. LH pickup signal is precisely analyzed and displayed as Go/No Go indication, vastly reducing need for oscilloscope use.
4. RH pickup signal is precisely analyzed and displayed as Go/No Go indication, vastly reducing need for oscilloscope use.
5. Visual indication of LH governor coil command voltage from control box or coil function test. Demonstrates control box is providing commands.
6. Visual indication of RH governor coil command voltage from control box or coil function test. Demonstrates control box is providing commands.
7. LH Governor Trim Coil test jacks allow verification of coil and aircraft wiring resistance/continuity.
8. RH Governor Trim Coil test jacks allow verification of coil and aircraft wiring resistance/continuity.
9. Trim Coil excitation switch energizes LH governor to demonstrate propeller reaction to electric speed change command.
10. Trim Coil excitation switch energizes RH governor to demonstrate propeller reaction to electric speed change command.
11. Aircraft 28VDC Prop Sync Bus voltage test jacks.
12. Test jacks provide access to confirm proper wiring continuity.
13. Test Instrument Power switch supplies power to Test Instrument when “On”, and isolates Test Instrument circuitry from banana test jacks when “Off”.
14. Test Instrument Power indicator illuminates when Test Instrument is “On”. The TB2-1 turns the white indicator blue only when bus voltage is present, and of correct polarity.
15. Control Box Power switch provides ability to operate Test Instrument with control box powered or unpowered.
16. Control Box Power indicator illuminates when power to control box is being supplied by Test Instrument.
17. Short Circuit Indicator illuminates when control box power output lines are shorted to ground. Alerts operator immediately when this condition occurs, aiding in identifying source of ground-fault.